I realized many of you know nothing about my thoughts aside from my commentary as a teacher and the occasional cool design finds I dig up. So I thought I would take the time to use this forum as not only a way to share my love for my work but also tid bits about my life, professionally and personal alike; a journal if you will....
I've been in New York City now for almost 2 years and while I love the energy, excitement and diversity it brings to my life I continue to bounce back and forth between longing for my hometown of Cincinnati and finding contentment with where I'm at. Its a hard thing to find - contentment. Whats the key? I honestly think if I held the key to this one question I would feel like I've solved life's mysteries.
Since the year 2004 I have lived in Chicago (school), Los Angeles (work) and now NYC (life). If that tells you anything about me, it should tell you...well, I don't really know what it should tell you- That I love city life? That Im not afraid to move from place to place? Who knows. What I do know is that the last 6 years of my life have been the best of my life for so many reasons. I graduated from college. Got my first "real" job. Realized education was a passion of mine (no offense marketing and PR. I still like you, its just not love). Became a godmother. Fell in love and married my main squeeze. Became a momma to my Clyde (puppy). All in all, i'd say I live one blessed and amazing life. Then why, is it always so hard to just be? Im working on it, thats for damn sure. So now when you see posts of pants for parents, or staircase slides and classroom images, you'll hopefully feel a bit more connected. Hopefully. So in closing, I leave you with these facts, that I know you have been dying to know:
1. I could eat a chipotle burrito for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. My childhood dream was to be a pop star.
3. I pretend I like to ride my bike, but really i'm too afraid to do it in the city.
4. Bookstores and parks are my favorite places in the entire world.
5. I dream of writing a children's book.
6. Behind mexican, sushi is my favorite food.
7. I value off days and lazy mornings way too much.
8. Traveling is a hobby my pocket book can't support but somehow does.
9. I'm obsessed with the show LOST.
10. I pretend to be domestic by lighting lots of candles.
(10). I slept on the couch last night because my dog wanted to too.